Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Weekend Hike

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous. The weather was in the mid 60's and we took advantage of every opportunity to be outside as possible. Yesterday, a stroll around the neighborhood that usually takes about 15 minutes became an hour, due to stopping and chatting with so many other neighbors who were out with their kids playing as well. It couldn't have been a more perfect weekend to change the clocks back! Last night Hayley slept through the night again, which is becoming pretty regular, thank goodness, we get at least 8-10 hours every night now, with a rare exception here and there. This morning Hayley actually woke up at 6 (actually 7) which was perfect, so we took the opportunity and got her up then, and then went about our day like normal. She seemed to really handle the transition well (we'll see tonight I guess). Dave was off so me, Dave, Hayley, and Pops went on a hike at Wadsworth Park. The trail was pretty muddy and I was testing out the backpack I had since I had only worn it once and that was very brief. Needless to say, I turned my ankle and down to the ground I went, on my butt, with Hayley in the pack, and she knew no wiser. I sat down in the mud crying and Hayley was just chillin' in the pack like nothing even happened. Pops and Dave helped me back up and we finished the walk. Well, it was pretty scary, but I at least am getting a feel of the extra 20 pound on my back and I'm sure will adjust. The mud didn't help, either. No pictures of this beautiful hike :(. I blame my husband since I am always the one taking the pictures and he never remembers to grab the camera when I have Hayley. So there!

I can only hope this weather will last, but I know New England better then that. A snow fall will soon come, I am sure...but oh, I can't wait for spring!

1 comment:

David said...

I loaded Hayley, Josie and the backpack in the car for the trip to the park. Who forgot the camera?