Monday, August 24, 2009

The Big 3-0

Well, the second half of our Staycation was wonderful but went way to quickly. Mystic turned out to be very hot and slightly disappointing. We wanted to stay longer and head over to the Seaport, but Hayley was exhausted and cranky and badly in need of a nap. So we headed off back home instead so she could get her afternoon nap in. She did really enjoy looking at all the fish in the indoor aquarium, but I think didn't really know what she was looking at on the outside. She just looked around and stared at all the people. Because like Six Flags, the Aquarium was packed full of people. Dave said it perfectly - this was a bad week to go to stuff like this because everyone is trying to get in their last bit of fun before school starts. Oh well, we still had a great time together as a family.



My birthday was on Saturday and I woke up to french toast and bacon - yummy! Yes, I am officially 30 now, and feel great about it. Not a bit older than I did last week. It helps to have a husband 11 years older, I never am the oldest one in the room! Hayley and I met Mom and Pops at the East Haddam Town Beach and went swimming and had a bit of a picnic and swung on the swings earlier in the day.



Then, we went out to dinner at Esca, a new place downtown Middletown and it was fabulous! Here we are before the big night:
Mom and Pops joined us, which was a lovely surprise, and then we all came back to the house for delicious homemade ice cream cake, made by Sarah, of course, with my favorite flavor of ice cream - Butter Crunch from Friendly's. It was a perfect day and I was so happy when I climbed into bed that night, I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Now it's back to the everyday and Dave is back to work. Summer is nearly over and I feel like we're just getting started. So much to do, so little time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who is that glorious bathing beauty holding Hayley at the lake? Wow what a babe!!!!!!!!!!!!