Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Tag Sale And An Ear Infection

I know it's been awhile since I last wrote. It's actually been quite a crazy past couple weeks. There are many reason why I have been a stranger, and the biggest one of all is that we have had major Internet issues at the house and I couldn't get online for a couple of days. Yes, whoopdie do, right? I can't believe how much we rely on Internet these days. I am on the Internet for at least an hour a day I think. And I'll run downstairs to look something up quickly, etc, throughout the day. Not having it is such a strange feeling.

Anyway, since our last post, much has happened. We had a tag sale, which was fabulous and we got rid of a ton of junk in the house. I hit Dave's car with mine while backing out of the driveway...Yes, I really did do this. I know, so horrible, right. Yes, I felt terrible then and I still feel awful, but it could have been worse and I could have done a lot more damage, so there's at least that.

Hayley has really started walking a lot on her own. She lets go of what she's holding on to and takes off a couple steps. She hasn't taken more than 6 or 7, then falls to her knees, so I can't say she is really a walker yet, but I will give it a week or so.

Lastly, Hayley has a pretty bad ear infection. It started with a fever of 103, and that lasted for 2 days. I brought her in to the pediatrician and he said she had a good infection in her left ear. So he gave me an antibiotic and said she should be feeling better in 24 hours. Well, 24 hours later, still fussy, irritable, cranky, clingy, tired, loss of appetite, all things not like her, so I called them back and he said to wait one more day and if the fever didn't go down and her behavior didn't change, then to go back in. Well on Saturday, she woke up with her fever down to 101, so I didn't call, and then all this brown gunk started coming out of her ear, I mean a lot of it, and it was so nasty!! Then she broke out with a rashy thing on her chest, and I really started to freak out. So I called mom's friend Geralyn, who is an Ear Nose and Throat doctor, at 8:30 at night on a Saturday night at home. She spoke to me for 15 minutes (so awesome) and gave me great advise and said everything was fine and since all the gunk was coming out, that was actually good because that meant the membrane ruptured and she should now be feeling much better. This morning she woke up with no fever(yeah!) and seems to be pretty much back to her normal self, with the exception of not allowing me to touch her ear at all. Since we leave for North Carolina on Wednesday, it would really stink to have to travel with a sick baby. So we are very happy that this is finally on the home stretch.

So that's what we've been up to the last week and a half or so. As soon as I can catch Hayley walking on video, I'll be sure to post.

No comments: