Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Daddy's Thoughts

I thought it was my turn to share my thoughts on our life with Hayley:

First to my beautiful wife Carolyn: I know I probably don't say this enough, but you are an incredible mother. I love watching you and Hayley together and can't wait to see your relationship grow through the years. You make this look so easy, whether you realize it or not. I enjoy the time we spend together as a family so much. It is hard to have to go to work and miss all the little moments that we share wih Hayley throughout the day. I try my hardest to help you as much as I can and I thank you for your effort to make sure I have quality "daddy" time with Hayley as much as possible. I love you very much!!

To our families: We can't tell you enough how much we love all of you and appreciate all of your help. Thank you to Gramma Lorraine and Grampa Peter for always being there for us. Thank you Debbie, Keith and Brett for all of the toys and furniture that you have given us. We have really enjoyed having so many of you come and visit with us and share this wonderful experience. Jacob and Asha, we can't wait to see you next week.

To all of our friends: Thank you so much for your support. I know I can speak for Carolyn when I say we really appreciate the cards, flowers, gifts, food (great lasagna Erin), phone calls and love you have given our family. We are very glad that Hayley has so many surrogate aunts and uncles.

Finally, to my beautful daugther Hayley: I can't even begin to describe the love mommy and I feel for you. Before you were born everyone told me that having a baby would be a life changing event. Boy was that an understatement. You are such a blessing. You are so cute I just want to kiss your cheeks all day. I love you so much. You probably don't know this, but I sit and watch you when you sleep. You make funny noises and funny faces as you toss and turn. It is so cute I just can't stop watching you (sometimes I even wake you up early just so I can play with you). I love bath time, watching you with your Baby Einstein and our "quiet" time at 7am when mommy goes back to sleep. I even enjoy changing you when you have a poopy diaper (and that's not something I thought I would ever say). Mommy and I say every day how lucky we are to have you in our lives.

I can't believe that Hayley will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. She is growing up so fast as you can tell by the pictures. This experience has been unbelievable. We are so blessed to have such a beautiful, happy, healthy baby. Carolyn does a great job of updating our blog with new information as things happen. Thank you for reading along and sharing this experience with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Dave you really did it. You made me cry. You and Carolyn and Hayley and Trajan and Josie just left, oh yes, eat and run!!!
Pops and I got ready for bed and I decided to check out to see if there are any new blogs. So here I am sobbing. Oh my. The secret life of Dave.
We love you too, and the comfort we feel knowing that Carolyn and Hayley have you is tremendous.
M and M's puzzle here we come.

Anonymous said...

On Friday nite we watched The Bucket list. On my list would be the birth of Hayley and the LOVE Dave and Carolyn have for her. It is like you could reach out and touch it. I feel a completeness in my heart having this experience.If I had a choice I would want a Mom and Dad just like yours.

Grandpa Pops

Jessie said...

aww, Dave! you're so sweet :)

you got your 15 minutes of fame on the blog for sure! we need more photos of hayley now since i've not seen her for over a week. i'm sure she's cuter!