Monday, December 29, 2008

Hayley's First Christmas

Hayley had a wonderful first Christmas. It started on Christmas Eve at the Big House where my mom's family all got together and she got lots of clothes and toys from everyone! My Uncle David loved her and held her almost all night. She was so cozy in his arms she just closed her eyes and dozed in the middle of the party! Then we stayed there that night and spent Christmas morning and day at my mom's. I know there are a ton of pictures in this post, but it was a long weekend. Here's me and Hayley at 7 a.m. She, Antina, and I were the only ones up.
Of course, I couldn't wait, so I opened the big present for Hayley first. This is her riding on her snail that Mom and Pops got for her. I got it on video as well, but forgot my video camera cord, so it's not posted.
Christmas Eve we were all in our matching PJ's. Usually Mom is in this picture but she was sick in bed instead.
Another gift from Grandma and Pops, a hat with antlers. Hayley really didn't care about the gifts, but she LOVED all the paper. She was licking the paper until it was so soggy, and we had to take it away. Then she's just reach for a new piece. She carried around soggy wrapping paper all day.
Playing with her Taggie Elephant that Santa brought her. She loves it!
Again, she had to taste the bow...Everything she sees she tries to eat.
A good family picture on Sunday morning.
Friday night she tried on the hat from Mimi and Grandpa. Aimee put a bow on top. It looked hysterical!
Modeling her new dress from Nana. Also showing off that she can sit up on her own now!

Her Johnny Jumper went crashing to the ground with her in it on Christmas morning. Thank God she was totally fine and got off with a minor bump on her head, but after that, Pops set it up reinforced, tied to rope, and he hung on the rope himself to ensure it was stable. I guess she didn't remember because she's back in it a day later.
Mommy, I want a sip of your wine! She has been grabbing at all our cups and food since we started her on solids. This weekend she got a ladybug cup from my mom and she has been learning to drink from that, but she wants ours.
Bug Eyes!
On Sunday Dave and I hosted the Oakes Family Christmas, back from retirement, and there were about 25 people at our house, including children. It was such a blast. Thank goodness it was 60 degrees outside because the kids were in and out and in the backyard and in the basement and everywhere else. But we all seemed to fit just fine in our place. Lots of food and Harvey Wallbangers and music. We did a quick ornament exchange and actually fit every single person, including Hayley, into our living room to pick their gift.

Here is Hayley doing tummy time and listening to the music. She was also Dave's drum.
Here she is smiling, playing, and enjoying the music on the floor. It was so hot in our house, she ended the day in nothing but her diaper.

It really looks like she's singing in this one!
Dad and Ann singing and playing guitar. I didn't get a picture of it, but Jade also played the guitar and she is really good! I had never heard her before.
This was a bit earlier in the day, Grandpa needed a quick nap on the sofa. Let me also note that there were screaming children tearing through this room at the same time he snoozed away.
My mom got matching dresses for Hayley and Nora. We tried our best to get a good picture of the 2 of them...Here are our best attempts...
I just want to say that Hayley's first Christmas was certainly a memorable one. We had a wonderful weekend and it was so nice that Dave didn't have to work and he could be home with us. Also having Dad and Ann and the girls and Jacob and Nora there made it special. Asha was home working, and she was certainly missed, especially by me.
If I get time to upload videos later this week, I will do so. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When did you have time to do this?It is so fun to see the whole Christmas experience in photos' so quickly.
Hayley looks like she has practiced Christmas before, just enjoying every event.
HI Dave