Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Weekend

Well, what a long couple of days it has been for us! My birthday was on Friday and my Dad and Ann were here to visit Grandpa, so it worked out great. I went out to breakfast with my mom and Antina and then they decided to stay and hang out for the rest of the day, which was great for me to have company and they got to have bonding time with Hayley, too. Then Dave and I went out to dinner with Dad and Ann to Hibachi and it was a blast. Oh, I forgot to mention an important part...When I woke up and came downstairs, the kitchen table was full of gifts and cards. I got a card from Carol and a card and gift from Dave and Hayley, both. Very sweet! Carol gave me a giftcard to American Eagle so on Saturday I decided to go to the mall and use it to get an outfit for Chelsea's shower on Sunday. I did pretty well and got a skirt and top. Then on Sunday we went to Massachusetts for Chelsea's bridal shower and what a long day. We left at 9:30 in the morning and didn't get back until 6:45. I was exhausted and Hayley was cranky. I don't think it would have been so bad except for the fact that we got stuck in traffic on the Mass Pike for about 10 miles or so. Thank goodness my friend Laura was driving so I could entertain Hayley to the best of my ability. Unfortunately after we dropped Laura off at her house, I could no longer entertain her so she cried for the entire 20 minute ride home. It was the worst 20 minutes ever. It is so stressful to have a screaming baby in the backseat. There was just nothing I could do anymore. Ugh - it was so horrible. I guess every new mother experiences that though.

Well, I must run, I here my baby fussing in my mother's arms - Mommy to the rescue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful and very funny. I love your writing and believe that officially you are now a writer. A good one at that. I have chuckled so many times reading your stories of your life. I imagine all the things you are writing about and love that I get to see you both so often.It is a blessing right now that my work load is so slow. Hug her for me, till tomorrow when I can do it myself. Love gramma