Friday, August 1, 2008

Two weeks old already

Yesterday Hayley had her 2 weeks check up at the doctor. Well, all those new mom worries about her not getting enough milk are gone. She now weighs 8 pounds, 10 ounces, which is almost a whole pound over her original birth weight, and a pound and half over what she weighed at her last appointment 10 days ago. What a piggy! She also has grown 1 1/4 inches in length, so she's just getting bigger all around.

I have mixed emotions about her getting bigger, though I look forward to the nights of a regular sleeping schedule I cherish every moment of her existence and don't want to miss a second of her.

As far as our attempt at our first outing, my mom and I decided to go to lunch after the appointment. Well, Hayley started to cry in the seat - and I mean really cry - and I had mom pull over. I took her out of the seat and held her until she calmed down. As soon as I put her back in the seat, she began to cry again. Too stressed out, I had to return home, without our lunch. Fortunately, Dave convinced me to try again for dinner last night and we went to Chili's. She slept the entire time we were there, from the car ride to the car ride, so it was much more peaceful. Inside I was pretty stressed out, but managed to have a good time anyway. More hopes for better outings in the future as well.

I have been waking up in the middle of the night - even when Hayley is not - and can't help thinking about what my life was like only 13 months ago. June 14th, 2007, Dave proposed to me. 4 Months later we were married, pregnant, and now, 9 months later, we have a beautiful child. I can't believe this has all happened and how lucky we have been. It has been a great year!

On that note, here are a couple new pics of Hayley taken this week:






1 comment:

Jessie said...

wow, she's so wide awake! so cute. thanks for the pictures! we miss you at the blvd where call our office. hope you're enjoying your time.