Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life With Hayley

Well, it has been a while since Carolyn has had a chance to post on our blog (and even longer since I have posted anything) so I thought I would share my thoughts on life with Hayley these days.

Where do I start? Last you heard Hayley had begun to walk. Well, two weeks later and she is walking everywhere. She loves to walk. She walks around the house, she walks up and down the sidewalk and she even walked all around BJ's Wholesale Club when we were shopping. This creates new challenges for Carolyn and I as we have never dealt with a walking child. We thought she got into things when she was crawling.....that was nothing compared to this stage. She gets into everything now. At BJ's she would grab one thing off a shelf, carry it for a few feet, drop it on the ground and pick up something else. This continued for about 10 minutes until I decided I was tired of picking up everything off the floor, so I picked up Hayley instead. I thought it would be easier to carry her than clean up after her.

The second thing we have learned about this stage is that a walking child gets a lot more bumps and bruises. Hayley gets another bump on the head about every other day. This past week she tried to pick up her drum and walk with it when she tripped over another toy falling face first on to the drum. She got a nice purple bruise on her right cheek. Two days later she tripped and fell on the same drum, hitting the same spot on her face. The bruise became even darker. Today she was walking around in the kitchen when she wobbled a little bit and walked right into the corner of the wall. Another bump on the head!! She is such a trooper though that after a minute or two of crying she is right back to walking around the house.

Another thing Hayley loves to do now is read books. She picks one out of her toy box and brings it to us, then climbs into our lap to read the story with her. It is one of my absolute favorite things to do with her. The minute I get home from work she has a book in her hand, holding it up to me saying "da da". I love it.

She is an amazing little girl. We are very thankful for her and love every minute we get to spend with her. I'm sure Carolyn will have some new pictures of our little angel soon.

No comments: