Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Big Day

Tuesday February 15th was a big day! Two really big things happened for our family on Tuesday!

First, I had my 12 week appointment! We made it over the hump and are officially through the first trimester. No more fear of miscarriage, and I got to have an ultrasound and see the baby. It was amazing. Dave didn't come because he stayed home with Hayley, but in hindsight, I wish they both had been there to see it. The baby was moving all around and kicking it's legs and moving it's arms! I couldn't believe how much you can see only at 12 weeks. Even though we have done this before, it was like the first time all over again, and just as amazing. Here is a picture for your glimpse:

Of course, as soon as we saw it, Dave said are you sure that's it's leg, hint hint. And then I posted this picture and got so many similar comments. If anything, it is a sign to come that this one is a boy. Dave and I have had a feeling all along, and maybe we're right! We'll find out soon enough.

The second amazing thing that happened on Tuesday was that Hayley went pee pee on the potty!! I didn't see it, but she did it for Dave, and they were cheering and she was very proud of herself. Now, I got a trickle once before, and she nearly pooped once, in fact pooped on the floor next to the potty instead, but actually going on the potty was amazing. I can't believe my daughter is actually nearing potty training. It feels like yesterday that I was nursing her and holding her in my arms rocking her to sleep.

I was looking at her this evening as she was running around the house, stark naked, dancing and playing and singing to herself, and how lucky we are to have such an amazing, smart, beautiful child. I can't believe my baby is now a toddler, and growing more and more everyday. I feel so lucky to get to be home with her and watch every minute of her growing life. I just don't want to miss a second of it.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

yay! glad all is well :)

Anonymous said...

wow, his legs are sticking up in the air, I guess he wants to dance with his sister. oh my Hayley is going to love this baby so much.
So wonderful to see the picture after all you have gone through with the sickness and the uncertainty. Must feel great.