Monday, June 1, 2009

Finally, Yes, an Update!

OK, so yeah, it's been almost a month since my last post. I know. Here's my excuse, well, things got really busy, then once I realized that it had been so long since I last posted, I knew it was gonna be a long post, so I procrastinated as long as possible until I just couldn't procrastinate any longer. 

So much is going on with us. Just in the last 2 weeks, Hayley has become a whole new baby. She is pulling up and cruising around on everything and anything she can! She crawls all over the place, and just yesterday she climbed up the first stair by herself. It is a crazy, but really exciting time for us. I absolutely love watching her learn and those little gears in her head turning. She has a little ride on car from the Leone's that she loves and we push her around the house and she squeals with delight. She cries when we take her off. That of course, brings me to all the new challenges that come with these new things. She whines and cries more from falling, bumping her head, me taking things away. She stands up in her crib at naptime, therefore I have to keep going in and laying her back down. It takes her about a half an hour to finally fall asleep and get herself settled. So far she has knocked over the CD player by grabbing on the cord and pulled over this small table we have next to the glider. I have done everything I can to take everything out of her reach, but she manages to find something! She is also much more demanding and impatient. This, of course, stems from her mother, who has such similar personality traits! But you know what, I love it. I love every second of it. She is just so fun! She laughs out loud at so many things and well, it's just so darn cute!

The weather has been really nice, finally, so we go out almost everyday to a park or something along those lines. We hang at the Leone's because they have a big swingset and she rides in Sammy's car and crawls all over the yard. Last week it was really hot and Sarah brought out the sprinkler and the water table. Hayley loved that table! She was splashing away in there - I'll have to get her one of her own soon I think.

I don't know if I have mentioned this yet, but I have stopped breast feeding. When we got back from Florida, I just couldn't get anymore let downs. So Hayley has been on whole milk for about a month now and she really loves it. She drinks from a cup at all 3 meals and has a bottle at night before bed. I am so thankful this transition ended up going so smoothly. It will be really easy at a year to transition the bottle completely. The pacifier I think will be a different story. 

What else, oh yes, Dave and I went to our first Red Sox game since before I was pregnant. We went with Chelsea and Matt and really had the best time. Mom stayed here with Hayley and she said they had so much fun and she was the perfect angel - of course. I was so hesitant to go, but I know I have to be able to go out sometimes without my child. This was a big step for me and I'm so glad we did it. Hopefully we can get some more tickets along the way and go again. 

Antina's baby shower is this Sunday and I am hosting. I can't believe she is having a baby in a month! Which means Hayley is also going to be a year in a little over a month. Holy cow, time flies! I can't believe it. 

Ok, so here are like a million pictures of our little cutie. 

My mom took her to see Grandma the day we went to the Sox game.
This was when we went out and she played in the water table. I was drying her dress on the deck. She climbed up to the gate to check out what was going on in the kitchen.

She loves to grab the leaves from the lower branches as she swings in her swing outside. 


I caught this at the perfect moment. She climbed up to the window, one of her favorite things to do, and put both feet onto the radiator to give herself just a bit more height. 
Diaperless, she was enjoying the outside so much. Right after I took this picture, she peed and pooped right there.
Mom and I went to Haddam Meadows for a picnic and brought all the dogs. We tied all three of them up together and let them run around everywhere while we enjoyed the peace. Hayley had lots of fun!



Climbing on her highchair.

No comments: