Sunday, June 28, 2009

Travelers Championship

Last year for Dave's 40th birthday I took him away to a beautiful B&B in the Berkshires. This weekend also happened to be the US Open. I am not sure if anyone reading this blog follows golf, but last year's US Open was intense and we saw it on in the great room of the B&B. And after that I was hooked. I couldn't take my eyes away from it, and since then, golf and I, especially the US Open, have a bond like no other. Last weekend was the US Open and because of weather, round 4 was on Monday. Dave was off, and therefore, we were stuck to the TV like glue. Hayley actually ate lunch on our bed in her booster (since we don't have a TV on the main level of the house anymore) so we wouldn't have to go away from the TV to feed her. Pathetic, I know, but we all have our moments, and this was one of mine. Anyway, this weekend was the Traveler's Championship, which is part of the PGA tour, and happens to be in Cromwell, which is 15 minutes from our house. So of course we had to go and watch. I had never been, but Dave has gone for many years past. Mom watched Hayley for the day and off we went. The weather was perfect, hot and not a cloud in the sky. They don't allow cameras or cell phones - not at all - but Kodak was offering a free picture on the course, and here it is. So for our memories forever, here is our picture.
(for the record, it was very hot, so I can't say what the issue was here, but Dave got a good laugh when he saw the picture. How embarrassing.)

No comments: