Friday, June 26, 2009

I Wish I Had A Camera

I wish I had a video camera to capture every moment of my child's life. Every smile and every tear. Every word, every step, every laugh. I have a video camera and a digital camera, but I can never seem to capture all the moments I want. Everyday I am sitting on the floor with Hayley and she makes a silly face or does something absolutely adorable and I think, I wish someone else was here to photograph this awesome moment in time.

For example, today Hayley and I went outside and sat on the lawn together. She began rolling around in the grass and I laid down on my back and she laid down on her back next to me and rolled over and gave me a huge slobbery kiss. What a moment! She makes this adorable face where she makes her mouth into an "o" and most of the time it is to bark back at one of the noisy dogs. The other day she came up to Josie who was laying down and Josie kissed her face and she giggled the cutest giggle! She lays on her back and I tickle her belly and she laughs and laughs and laughs. She points at everything and anything. I don't think she even knows what she is pointing at. I will say "show me" and bring her to where she is pointing and she is so excited that there are things in front of her I am about to let her grab she just doesn't know what to choose. It is hilarious. She loves shoes. She takes her shoes off and tries to put them back on her feet. If my shoes are off, she grabs them and puts them back on my feet. So cute! She loves when Josie plays with her toy. She crawls over to the toy and picks it up and hands it to me with a big smile on her face like she is saying, let's play with Josie, please! She has known how to take things out of containers for awhile, but just recently learned how to put them back in. So now she takes it out and hands the block to you. I put it in my hand and then she takes it back and puts it back into the container. Over and over again. About a week ago she discovered the ziploc baggie drawer in the kitchen. She empties all the bags out of the boxes and puts them back in, etc. Somehow one of the boxes ended up in her playroom, and her little balls fit in the empty box perfectly. This is one of her new favorite things to do. Put the balls in the box, take them back out. That is just a few of my ramblings of this amazing child. I am so lucky! So many times a day I think, oh, I have to blog about this! And of course, as I sit here, I forget so many of those moments. I really look forward to so many more moments like these to come.

Here are just a few of those moments I was able to catch:
Climbing up the stairs
Pulling out all the bags
Woof
Mama, here's my shoe!

I got this series of pictures yesterday and just thought they came out adorable!










And later, she lost her diaper


No comments: