Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bad Day, Great Night

Yesterday was certainly a day of highs and lows for us. I awoke in the morning feeling fine, but tired as usual. Well, I'm just going to say it...we found out I was pregnant about a week and a half ago. I started feeling cramping and was like, oh no. I knew I was miscarrying and I went into the bathroom and then I was sure. I went to the doctor later in the afternoon and she did an ultrasound and confirmed I was no longer pregnant, but the good news was that everything is very healthy and I will be ovulating again in 2 weeks and we can try again right away since it was such an early miscarriage.We were both sad, but happy to know we have Hayley and it has been so easy to get pregnant so far, we know it will happen again for us soon. It's funny, I guess because I know my body and I have been pregnant before, I was not surprised when this happened. It was almost like I expected it. I know that sounds strange, but it's true. Maybe just a mother's intuition.

Before I went to the doctor, I went into the garage to put Hayley in the buggy and we were going to take a brief stroll in the humidity outside. As I went to drop her into the seat, I hit my head so hard on the metal cabinet hanging on the wall, I immediately burst into tears of pain. I looked at Hayley and she was looking at me with a sad face and she saw my tears and began to cry herself. I could tell she was crying for me, and it was just so sweet. I picked her up and hugged and hugged and hugged her. She is so wonderful. It honestly made me less sad about the days earlier events, just holding my precious child in my arms.

Dave had come home early from work to take care of Hayley so I could go to the doctor's and so we got to spend some much needed family time together. After dinner we were playing in the living room and Hayley was standing up against her snail and she looked at me and just took off and walked. It was only a step or maybe two to me, but she did it! Dave and I both saw it and were cheering and clapping for her and she was laughing and smiling. So we then sat a distance apart from each other and she kept going back and forth between us taking 2 or 3 steps in between each time! It was so exciting. I am so glad we were both there to witness her first steps. Of course, we were both cheering and squealing with delight and said, why aren't we taping this? But we didn't want to ruin her momentum, so we let this be a moment for us all to remember in our hearts.

In the end, the bad day turned into a great night, and we all went to bed with smiles. This will always be a day we remember.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

oh CJ, I'm sorry to hear this. sending you big hugs right now!

way to go for Hayley! i'm so happy you and Dave were both there. that is great, really :)

cheun said...

hey girl, i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( honestly though, your body knows what's best. the cells have to be just right for it to all to come together. you have the right attitude.

that's awesome that hayley's starting to walk! give her a big hug for me.