Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hayley's Real First Birthday, The Muster, and Some Random Pics

Well, it has been a busy week. After Hayley's birthday party on the 11th, the week seemed to pass by slowly, though I was very busy. How does that happen? Monday we had a play date with Cheun and her boys. We went to Wadsworth Lake and had a nice time. Here is a picture of Hayley and Samuel in their strollers:

Tuesday, we went and had Hayley's first birthday pictures taken and well, I've already posted those. Wednesday we played in the pool all day and Thursday was pretty much a repeat of the day before. Oh, one cute tidbit of Wednesday was that it was Michael Leone's birthday. At about 8 in the morning, I walked over to give him his present, and he saw me from the window upstairs. Sarah told me when I got there that he came running down the stairs saying, "Carolyn's coming across the street and she has a present for me!" How cute is that! I just love that kid! Friday was Hayley's real birthday and here are some pics. We sang Happy Birthday and lit a candle and tried to get her to blow it out with little to no success. She was fascinated by it and didn't grab the flame, must to our surprise. It was a nice evening and she seemed to be very happy eating her cupcake.





Here is the video:

Saturday was the Muster, which we were very excited about. Dave and Hayley's first time, last year we were in the hospital, the year before we were in North Carolina, and the year before that, we didn't make the parade for some reason, only the picnic. So the parade started at 11 and we got there about 11:15. It went until, are you ready for this, 1:10!!! The longest parade ever! Uncle Ray says the Deep River Muster is the largest Muster in the country and there were about 80 fife and drum bands there this year. It was awesome. Hayley loved it. It was so fun! Then we all hauled our way to Ray and Linda's and the pool was packed with kids. Linda said it was gonna be small this year (she always says that). There were about 50 people, I guess. Grandpa came, and Uncle Peter was there, which was a huge surprise, so it was really nice to get to visit. Hayley was a total trooper. She didn't get an afternoon nap and was up from about 10:15 a.m. until we put her to bed at around 6:45. She didn't get cranky or fussy at all. What a good baby! I didn't get too many pictures, so here is what I got:
Takin' a little rest on Daddy's shoulder
Uncle Peter and Uncle Ray
Dancing to the music
Lastly, here are some cute pics that have been lingering around on my camera that I haven't yet been able to post, so now is my chance!

Hayley and our neighbor Natalie playing in the pool
I just thought she looked so cute with nothing but shoes and a diaper
Hangin' in my new chair
Before
After
The other night when Dave and I went out, Sarah sat for Hayley and she and Sam took a bath together. She took this picture and I love it! Look at how long her hair is! Hilarious!


Looks like another busy week is in store for us Mays, so maybe not another post until next week, but we'll see. I might surprise you, and myself!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

i love hayley's smile!