Sunday, July 26, 2009

He Finally Joined Us!

Though he was a week late, Antina finally gave birth to Zachary Robert Dietz at 1:31 this morning. He weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 11 oz and is 21 inches long. This kid is huge I tell ya!

On Friday, I went to Antina's house since we hadn't seen it since she moved in and stayed for dinner. As we were leaving she said, it feels like tonight. Yesterday she called me at 7 in the morning to tell me her water broke at 6:30 ish and she was headed to the hospital. Needless to say, it was a very long day for everyone, and my house was kinda the home base, which was nice to be only 5 minutes away. I went to be at about 9:30 last night and no baby. I got a call this morning at 7 to hear the news! No c-section, she had him naturally, but gave in and got the epidural, which she said was a life-saver. I can imagine with a 10 pound baby! Yeah! He's here. He is big and beautiful and doesn't even look like a newborn. Hayley and I went over to the hospital first thing this morning and snuck the first peak at the fella. He smiled for me!
We did finally get a picture of the 3 of us, and man was Hayley jealous when I held him. She was climbing all over me and hugging and kissing me and would not let me put her down.
Eventually she warmed up to him a bit more and was very curious. She started touching his hands and feet and then she leaned over and gave him a kiss. It was so cute and I'm so glad Bill caught it on camera!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the new addition! He is gorgeous!