Monday, October 20, 2008

Apple Picking, the Patriots, and a Swaddle Blanket

Every Friday Hayley and I go apple picking at Lyman Orchards with Sarah and the boys. This week Hayley turned around in the Bjorn for the first time which was very exciting - so we decided to capture it in a picture. Hayley is clearly as excited as me! The boots she has on really tops off this outfit! Then we always go back to the market and get a hot apple cider and a donut. Yum!! What do I do with all these apples you ask? Well, I have made a huge apple pie, 2 batches of apple crisp, and 3 huge batches of THE BEST homemade applesause (if I do say so myself). This Friday I will be at Chelsea's wedding, so the Leone's with have to pick without the May's. I will certainly miss my hot apple cider.
Hayley is representing New England this week with her little cheerleading dress. You can't see it in this picture, but the onesie underneath is a turtleneck and it has the Pat's emblem on it - just like the pros wear! So cute.

It was a rough week for us at night. Hayley has been up 4-5 times each night not wanting to eat, but just restless and fussing. On Thursday night she cried for 2 hours straight and this was the first time she had ever cried that long with out us being able to console her. On Saturday I think I hit my limit and my mom came and gave me some time away and watched Hayley and I went and got a swaddle blanket at Babies R Us. It is our 1 year anniversary on the 19th, so Dave and I got Sarah to baby-sit and we went out to dinner to celebrate. I of course was so worried that she was going to cry for her. Sarah is a pro at the swaddle blanket and she slept the best she has ever slept! I have also come to the conclusion that she was overtired and have started to work out a better sleeping schedule for her during the day. Let's hope that things go just as well tonight. I am keeping my finger crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kids of swaddle blanket did you get? Bennett was a big fan of the Swaddle Me, and so was I because the velcro flap makes it so easy! He slept in one every night from a few weeks until 6 months when he got too wide and popped it open:) Worked wonders for him sleeping! (But Avery never had one, each kid is so different!)

Sweet dreams:)