Monday, October 13, 2008

Ferrier or Feiring?

For Christmas of 2006, I started sending out Christmas cards of Dave, me, and the dogs. I didn't have my cousin Kate's address because I knew she had recently moved, so I went to whitepages.com and looked up Kate and Mark Ferrier in Maryland and got a hit. I proceeded to send them a Christmas card to that address. When Dave and I were sending out wedding invitations, I again sent Kate and Mark's to that address. About 2 weeks later I got a call from Kate claiming she had not received her invitation, so I confirmed the address I had and she told me that was the wrong address, and gave me the correct one. So I sent her a new invitation and she emailed me to say she got it, but their last name was Feiring, not Ferrier! About a week later I received an RSVP for our wedding back with a note saying, "Hello Dave and Carolyn. Thank you very much for the invitation to your wedding. We have been racking our brains and can not seem to remember how we know you! We even received a Christmas card from you last year (cute couple). Can you please help us remember how we know you? Sincerely, Mark and Karen Ferrier." They included their email and business card. I was so embarrassed! I of course emailed them apologizing and explaining my error. It turns out they are very nice people and we even got a Christmas card from THEM last year! We sent them a birth announcement of Hayley and got this T-Shirt back from them! It is so cute on her! So thank you to our pen pals whom we have never met, here she is:

Here are a couple other cute pics of Hayley this week, too.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Hayley, i don't blame you if later in life one day you claim to hate the color pink :)

Anonymous said...

Ha, this is too funny! There are still nice people in this world:)

Anonymous said...

Love the towel and the bubbles all around her. Wow, what an absolute beauty. That photo is superb. Unbelievable.
gramma

Anonymous said...

Hello from your pen pal,

This has been a great story for us too! My husband is very friendly and outgoing and meets new people all the time. When we got the Christmas card I was sure it was someone that he befriended. When I asked him he couldn't remember a thing but then again that is pretty normal for him too-not much of a memory. Then the wedding invitation...OK what's going on now???? It's been fun and I hope that one day we get to meet in person. Cheers, Karen